Now Hiring: Retail Manager
RETAIL MANAGER for new wine store/bar concept located in Salcedo Village, Makati City.
Target starting date is on or before April 17.
The Retail Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the retail space and ensuring optimal sales performance and profitability. The Retail Manager will manage a team of front-of-house and back-of-house professionals to meet the goals for the physical space established together with management.
Prior experience in Hospitality or Customer Service is highly valued.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Retail space management:
- Overseeing the opening and closing of the store.
- Adhering to and executing the visual merchandising plan for the retail shelves.
- Organizing and maintaining order and cleanliness in the store, including but not limited to keeping products/shelves presentable, and free of dust/debris.
- Managing inventory of goods in the store, including performing routine physical inventory counts, and ensuring there is regular stock at all times.
- Creating regular sales and inventory reports for management review.
- Retail team management
- Ensuring reliability and productivity of the retail space team, including but not limited to training and cultivating a positive work environment.
- Programming work schedules, assigning tasks and activities, and ensuring all shifts are covered
- Ensuring the health and safety of the team.
- Customer management:
- Helping customers decide which product is best suited for their preferences and needs.
- Helping staff seat customers, take and punch orders, and serve customers their orders.
- Helping staff transact with customers, including but not limited to recording sales into the POS System, taking payments, and operating the cash register.
- Being knowledgeable of the Bombvinos brand and the company’s policies.
- Bachelor’s/College Degree in Hospitality, Tourism, Hotel Management, Marketing, Business, Administration, Management, or equivalent/related field.
- Desired experience:
- At least 1 year running a retail space
- At least 1 year managing other people
- At least 2 years working in restaurants, bars, retail stores or in sales/customer service
- Experience with beer, wine, and/or spirits is a plus
- Must be:
- Outgoing and personable (enjoys dealing with customers)
- Honest and trustworthy (strong moral compass and gets things done as promised)
- Self-motivated and hardworking (takes initiative and goes the extra mile)
- Organized and detail-oriented (can plan and execute efficient ways-of-working, and makes sure every important aspect of work is covered)
- Flexible and open-minded (especially willing to adapt to shifting schedule demands)
- Skilled in:
- Writing and speaking in English
- Email and office software (Microsoft Word or Google Docs, Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, Microsoft Powerpoint or Google Slides)
- The basics of social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram
Specific work demands:
- Must be able to reliably commute to Makati City 6 days a week
- Working days are from Tuesday to Sunday / Days off on Monday
- Operating hours will be 2PM to 10PM (may change in the future)
- Competitive salary and performance-based pay raises
- Entitled to share of service charge
- Performance-based cash bonus
Training and opportunities for promotion
- Government-mandated benefits (e.g. 13th month pay, vacation days, SSS + PhilHealth + PagIbig)
How to apply:
Email your updated resume with relevant work experience to email@example.com.
Job opportunity background:
Bombvinos, Inc. imports and distributes specialty and hand-crafted wines and spirits in the Philippines. The company works with some of the leading local bars and restaurants to introduce and sell its unique products to the Philippine market, and also sells directly to customers through its website Bombvinos.com.
The company is venturing into retail operations with the opening of its first retail space in Salcedo Village, Makati City within April 2023 — and with the ambition of many more stores to come. The company is looking for hard-working and ambitious professionals to help create a new kind of F&B experience in Metro Manila.
The most promising candidates will be motivated to:
- Provide customers with superior service that makes them want to keep coming back; and
- Challenge the standards of local retail operations and be willing to do things differently.